Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wednesday 7/21/15 Pizza is GREAT!

Today I held the new baby. There was a baby that came in just a few days ago, and she's so tiny!

Today Helen one of the assistant directors and the nannies thanked me for getting the cleft babies surgeries.

I just thought they were talking about Emerson… but no, apparently since I left two years ago Smile Train has been going back very often and getting every single cleft baby surgery. I was brought to tears.. there are about 4 or 5 maybe more that are there right now.. and there were more a year ago that are not there now. They have been adopted.

Again… God is doing amazing things. I did not make that happen. God made it happen. I am just a tool he used to start something that will benefit all of the cleft babies that come in to the Chenzhou orphanage. I am singing his praises and rejoicing in the fact that he heard my prayers and that the organization has taking such initiative.

We took some of the big kids outside today. It was very very hot. Everyone was sweating like crazy, but they love playing games and singing songs, and blowing bubbles, and kicking the beach balls around.


I have been craving pizza, (like always) and we decided tonight we would travel by bus to pizza hut. I was so excited! Well we get there and its about an hour wait so we go to Walmart to pass the time. Then we get seated and tell Steve we want pepperoni pizza stuffed crust. Just as plain as can be. All of the fast food, McDonald's, KFC, pizza hut is not the same here as at home. So we all ordered and then pizzas start coming out. The first was a supreme pizza, the second as well, and then supremes just kept coming. I think they brought out about 5 pizzas that were supreme that we did not order. So Steve tries again. This takes about 15 minutes to reorder and it took about the same to order in the first place. Pizza hut was a huge ordeal. They just could not understand that we only wanted pepperoni pizzas, we didn’t want the shrimp and and all of the meat etc. We finally got the pizzas out there and we scarfed them down. Pizza is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment